Thursday, December 27, 2012

Teen Author Boot Camp





Shine those combat boots and sharpen your pencils. Teen Author Boot Camp is approaching—only three more months until one of the largest teen writing conferences in the nation takes place in Orem, Utah.

Utah Valley University and Writers Cubed will host a slew of amazing authors—including me (haha)—at its third annual conference coming up March 16, 2013. To see what I’m going to teach and everyone else who will present, check out “Drill Sergeants” on TABC’s website.

In conjunction with the conference is a writing contest. Teens who register are  encouraged to submit the first chapter of a novel they’ve written (up to ten pages) to Writers Cubed. Two prizes valued at $100 will be awarded to the first place winner in both the junior high and high school division.

For those interested, here is the information:

When: Saturday, March 16, 2013
From: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (registration begins at 8 a.m.)
Where: Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah
Who: Teens ages 13-19, no adults allowed :)
Cost: $49 before February 16th, 2013, $59 after
Includes: tuition, lunch, t-shirt, backpack, unlimited drinks, snacks, entrance to the writing contest, and more.

The class that I am going to be teaching is...

Marketing ~ A Necessary Evil That You Start NOW – The word “Marketing” brings a shudder to even the hardiest of souls. However, it’s a necessary evil if you want to actually sell any of the books you write or have written. If you are under the mistaken impression that you’ll submit to a publisher who will then market for you, you’re in for a surprise. If you think your book is so good it doesn’t need to be marketed to sell a million copies in its first year, guess again.


In this course, I’ll teach you what you should be doing right now, before you’ve ever written your first word. Already finished? I’ll show you where to go from here. I’ll teach you the most effective ways I know to market your book both before and after publication. If you have a good basis in place before publication, it will make post-publication marketing that much easier. This class is designed to give you the tools you need to be successful and to learn to embrace – rather than fear – marketing your books. (I promise the topic is not as boring as it sounds.)

 
For more details and to register go to:  www.teenauthorbootcamp.com. Space is limited.

If you’re from out of state, don’t worry. This year there will be a Live Broadcast of the conference you can watch and participate in real time via the internet. Get more details at TABC’s website under “Live Stream.”

See you there!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings fгom Idaho! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can't ωait to take a
    lοok whеn I get home. ӏ'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not eѵеn using WIFΙ, just 3G .
    . Anyways, fantastіс blog!

    Also viѕit my pаge :: Http://Www.Allplan-Usa.Com
    Review my blog Silkn Sensepil

    ReplyDelete