I actually rather enjoy editing - as long as it's someone else's work! I decided I might as well add one more job I like to the resume. Below is my pricing, as well as what you can expect from me.
I will do the first 10 pages free for two reasons: 1) I will know from that whether I can help you or not and 2) You'll be able to see the work I do.
Price: .002 - .004 per word depending on the amount of work needed (I'll let you know before I begin the job). Invoicing will be sent via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account to pay).*
Turnaround: Within 20 days; usually sooner. If I feel I won't be able to honor the 20 days due to unforeseen circumstances, I'll give you the option to bow out and send you what I have finished.
I prefer to edit a Word document using the tracking feature so that you can see all edits and choose to accept or reject them. Note that this is for editing only, not formatting. If you need your manuscript formatted, check my services here. Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
What I Do: I look specifically for:
- Spelling errors
- Grammatical errors
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Passive voice
- Overuse or duplicate use of words
- Character and storyline consistency
- Plot holes
- Tense consistency
- Double spacing
- Give suggestions for storyline/plot improvements (purely my opinion)
- Give suggestions for sentence structure or word usage (again, purely my opinion)
- Change your author voice (I feel very strongly about this, so I won't make your manuscript sound like an English paper)
- Fact check (especially important if your book is non-fiction)
- Erotica: I don't read it and feel I'd be doing you a disservice to try and edit something I'm not familiar with
Fill out this form for a confirmation of time frame and pricing.