Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters



I am a HUGE Jeremy Renner fan, and a huge fan of fairytales (which is pretty obvious by my Enchanted Fairytales series). When I found out Jeremy Renner is going to star in a movie based on a fairytale, my head about burst! What could be more perfect? Anything? Anyone? No? Okay, then I'll continue my rave.




Hansel and Gretel I admit is not one of my more favorite fairytales, for the singular reason that there isn't any romance in it, and I think we've established by now that I'm a complete, hopeless romantic. Still, it's an intriguing story. The film, titled Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters has my heart pounding. Okay, half the reason for that is just the fact that it stars the hunkalicious Jeremy. But the other half is because of the trailer. The premise is that it's years later, after the siblings killed the witch, and now that they've had a taste of witch blood, they want more. So they've made it their mission to scrub the world of all the wicked witches. Now there's a new, super evil witch taking children. How much must that tick off the siblings who've already experienced that themselves?




I also have to give props to Gemma Arterton, who you might know from Quantum of Solace (Strawberry Fields), Clash of the Titans (Io), or Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Princess Tamina). She totally kicks butt in the trailer. Famke Janssen from X-Men (Jean Gray) and Taken (of which I can hardly wait for the sequel) as leader of the coven of witches rounds out the fantastic cast.


Rumor is it's to be released January 11, 2013, having been pushed back from Spring of 2012. Apparently the studio was worried about a "Jeremy Renner overload" this year. Seriously? Is there such thing as a Jeremy Renner overload? I was thinking we're experiencing a Jeremy Renner drought. Give us more Jeremy! Okay, enough of the fangurl screams.




I'm pretty excited for the release of this Jeremy Renner fairytale movie. (Have I mentioned I really like Jeremy Renner? No? Well, I do! In case you're not convinced, go back and count how many times I mention him in this post.) I'm sure you'll be hearing about it again after I go see the midnight release of it in January. Until then, I'm just going to give a squeal every now and then while I wait impatiently for this one. Now, watch the trailer below and tell me what you think.



Links:
http://enchantedfairytales.blogspot.com/
http://www.hanselandgretelmovie.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment