Friday, March 7, 2014

The Hungry Family



The Hungry Family: No, not mine, though I suppose they all have times of being hungry! Instead, I'm sharing with you Christina Dymock's newest book, The Hungry Family Slow Cooker Cookbook.


It's every busy mother's dream-come-true: dinner that makes itself! With the help of your trusty slow cooker and these healthy, easy recipes, like Peppery Cilantro Salmon, Sausage Stew, and Dark Chocolate Mini Cakes, you can put dinner on the table even on the craziest of days. Don't let the whirlwind of life stop you from feeding your family the food they deserve -- delicious, home-cooked meals straight from your slow cooker.


My Thoughts: I received a copy of this book for review, and I was happy about that because anything to make dinnertime easier is something I'm glad to learn. I'm not exactly domestic, and cooking is about as fun to me as cleaning - which is to say, not at all. The thing I love about this book is that the recipes are easy to put together without a bunch of strange, hard-to-pronounce ingredients. And they're family friendly, meaning food that your family will actually eat and enjoy. A few of my favorites are: 

*Steak and Potato Dinner (who knew you could cook steak in a slow cooker?)
*Creamy Balsamic Roast (I love almost anything balsamic)
*Roasted Chicken (tastes like the ones you buy at the store that are from the rotisserie)
*Corn on the Cob (I would never have thought to cook that in a slow cooker!)
*Chocolate Cobbler (okay, I'll be honest, this one is my favorite)
*Pudding Cake (yes, it's chocolate as well)

FYI, if you're a fan of chili, there's a whole section of chili recipes. Great book, and I have to say it's beautifully laid out. Gorgeous and delicious book to add to your cookbook collection. It will be officially released March 11th, but you can pre-order on Amazon now. Once released it will also be available at Costco, Sam's Club, Deseret Book, Seagull Book, Barnes and Noble, and other bookstores.

If you live in Utah, Christina would like to invite you to her launch party. Details are below.



1 comment: