Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gaze Into Heaven Review

GazeInto Heaven is a carefully compiled collection of more than 50 near-death experiences that occurred during the early years of the Church. These documented accounts give fascinating glimpses into the Spirit World by those who have actually been there. Besides being filled with stories of insight and inspiration, Gaze Into Heaven has pertinent quotes from latter-day Prophets and other leaders, scriptures, and perceptive commentary. After reading this book, you will never think of life—or death—in the same way.
Most of us have wondered exactly what will happen when we die. What does the Spirit World look like? Will we see departed family members and friends? What do people do there? Do spirits there know what is happening on earth? What did people who had near-death experiences learn from their visit? All of these questions and many more are answered in Gaze Into Heaven. There have been many books written about modern day near-death experiences, but this book is the first to focus solely on those that took place in early church history
Review of Gaze into Heaven by Marlene Bateman Sullivan
Because of some miscommunication between Marlene and I, I didn’t get Gaze into Heaven in time to read the entire book for my review. So instead I went through and picked and chose some different stories to read that Marlene included in the book. I have to say, I’m impressed with the way she’s organized the stories, and the fact that she’s left them intact from how they were told originally, rather than trying to edit them to fix the spelling, grammar, etc. It gives the stories a much more genuine feel.

I’ve been a believer in life after life as long as I can remember, so having a book like this only reinforces to me what I’ve always believed. The book is full of stories of those who’ve been near death, and the experiences they had during the time of their “death”. Considering the diversity of the people, and the different time periods in which they lived, it’s amazing how similar their experiences all were. They aren’t identical, but there are a great deal of similarities in the stories.

I think it’s great that Marlene has taken the stories and compiled them in such a way that it makes for easy reading (for the chapters I read) and that she’s grouped them by their most prominent theme into the different chapters. Whether you believe in an afterlife or not, this is still an intensely interesting collection of stories. Definitely worth a read.

What other people are saying:
“I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! I can't even tell you how grateful I am to you for writing it. My 12 year old nephew died in May and this has been a healing balm to my soul. I can't wait to send a copy to my brother. I have always been afraid to die, but not now. This book has power in its pages.” Alice Gold

From Back Cover
“With this book, Marlene Bateman Sullivan has done a valuable service for Latter-day Saint readers. Previous life-after-death studies published brief extracts from numerous sources and combined them to define spirit-world events and conditions. Returning to those sources, she has compiled many of their complete accounts, which add additional insights that will be enjoyed by many. Well done!”  Duane S. Crowther, author of Life Everlasting—A Definitive Study of Life After Death 

Link to Marlene's website: www.marlenebateman.info

Purchase your copy here


No comments:

Post a Comment