Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Guest Post: Debra Chapoton

Today I'm sharing Debra Chapoton's guest post that she wrote for Creative Prose Publishing.

Hello! Debra Chapoton here. Thank you for allowing me to guest post on Creative Prose Publishing.

I have always been an enthusiastic reader and a lover of words. My profession of teaching grammar, writing and language skills in English and Spanish was the perfect background for becoming an author.

After writing a children’s series of adventure and fantasy books I tried my hand at writing a thriller: Edge of Escape. For this book I wanted stalking to get a sympathetic twist mostly because my husband tells me he’d still be stalking me if I hadn't married him.

Most of my characters, probably all, are based on people I know. In Edge of Escape the characters were easy to develop since the former students I modeled them after were fresh in my mind. For A Soul’s KissThe Guardian’s Diaryand Sheltered I created personalities that hinted at people I knew, but changed them enough to get past that opening disclaimer about “any resemblance to people living or dead is purely coincidental.” Coincidence, my foot. I’m willing to bet against all those coincidences by any author, famous or not.

There are plenty of excerpts from all of my novels on my blog. I also have a slide show of the full log home where I now live and write. Come visit me at http://debrachapoton.com.


Thanks!

When a tragic accident leaves Jessica comatose, her spirit escapes her body. Navigating a supernatural realm is tough, but being half dead has its advantages.

Like getting into people’s thoughts.
Like taking over someone’s body.
Like experiencing romance on a whole new plane - literally.

Jessica learns an amazing truth as she struggles to return to her body before the doctors pull the plug, only she can’t do it alone. Now the only two people willing to help Jessica’s splintered soul are the two she’s hurt the most. They must find a way to guide her soul back to her body ... before it’s too late.


Amazon Barnes & Noble CreateSpace  photo 96499460-df42-4bdb-b3db-4142e7c71aa5_zpsanyvavy2.png  photo 63f026c6-31a8-4791-9b08-0ebb2c2cafdb_zpsfuccdg2u.jpg  photo inktera_zpsa7v1qonb.jpeg





Thank you for stopping by,

Creative Prose Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment