Best friends share everything, right? Unless it’s a secret that could cost them their lives.Robyn and Kit are born with forbidden magic-sense, the power to see and hear beyond Earthly sight and sound. It’s a curse that haunts them, but the girls are strangely drawn to it—could there be more to this power than they’ve been told?
When they spill their secret, it opens a doorway back to Forever—a beautiful realm where magic-sense began. They learn the truth: they have been given a noble gift. It connects them to the Skyborn royalty of this new world. They’ve been summoned back by the forces for good to preserve the kingdom and revive the power where it once flourished—on Earth. It can thrive again, if Robyn and Kit are brave enough to follow
However, the doorway awakens more than magical fairy-tales. A dark force is unleashed—one that has battled the Skyborn since time began, and it wants the girls dead, the Earth destroyed.
Beyond the doorway is where the adventure begins—trickery, kidnapping, a prison break, rescue teams, sword fights, magical gold-dust, holographic medallions, and singing orbs—but only for those who have the courage to believe.
Nanette O’Neal has had a long time passion for the idea behind the Doorway series, stemming from her faith and her love of story. Her interests have always been strong in various creative endeavors, such as music, martial arts, science fiction and fantasy. Having studied music in college, she made a career of teaching and directing various ensembles in the public and private fields for years. When she decided to tackle writing, she began an intense process of study and research in the craft, through the use of text books, online tutorials, chat and critique groups, as well as various workshops, conferences and retreats. The Doorway series consists of seven novels about faith, courage, and the power within the human soul. She contributes regularly to an inspirational column for a religious website, Ldsblogs.com, and maintains her blog, Nanette O’Neal’s Doorway, found at NanetteONeal.blogspot.com. Feel free to subscribe to her blog posts and to like her author page, Nanette O’Neal, Author, on Facebook. Nanette loves her husband and family, her faith, the mountains, aviation museums, Star Trek, and dogs.
Connect with the Author here:
Top 10 List
- Nanette is a huge Star Trek Original Series fan. She and two friends took the train from NJ into NYC to go to one of the first Star Trek Conventions when she was twelve years old—they went without parental guidance, something you could do back in the day.
- Nanette’s dad is from Egypt. She and her family spent two summers there when she was a child, and she vividly remembers standing next to one of the paws of the Sphinx and marveling at how big it was.
- Nanette plays the trumpet and violin, became a music teacher, and still conducts a musical group today—the Rutgers University Alumni Wind Symphony, which is the only alumni band in existence, we think.
- Nanette loves dogs so much, she put her two dogs and her mom’s dog in her book.
- Nanette fell in love with a man so wonderful, she married him and then followed him to Japan for six months while he completed a job commitment. That’s where she found the gospel, too.
- Nanette could visit Glacier National Park every year and not get tired of hiking the many trails, but she lets her husband drive Going to the Sun Road.
- Nanette secretly wishes she could serve in Primary (the children’s group in church) for the rest of her life. Who is she kidding? It’s no secret.
- Nanette loves aviation, still entertains childhood dreams of being an astronaut, and picks an aviation themed piece of music to conduct in her wind symphony for each concert.
- Nanette is a convert to the LDS church, which she still thinks is the second best decision she ever made, next to marrying her wonderful husband. (He found her first, she found the church nine months later.)
- Nanette and her husband have black belts in karate and iaido, the Japanese art of drawing and cutting with a long sword. They never argue about who has to do the dishes when they can easily spar over it.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page