“Everyone in the world has a Spark, a light inside that guides them, keeps them alive.”
On a quest to master his Spark, Lark’s mentor–his one ally–is anything but helpful. What Lark fails to realize is the value of his rare ability, and just how far some are willing to go to have control of him.
~ SMASHWORDS ~ iBOOKS ~ CREATESPACE ~
Rachel McCoy is a Texan living in New Jersey. Between binge watching MTV reality shows and baking gluten free treats, she writes paranormal fantasy and science fiction novels. She is the self-published author of the Sparks Saga trilogy as well as numerous short stories, some of which now reside in anthologies. Back when she lived in the real world, Rachel earned a degree in marine biology, which contributed to her die-hard love of manta rays.
To connect with RS McCoy (or swap recipes), visit her on her website (rsmccoyauthor.com) or check out her Facebook page (facebook.com/AuthorRSMcCoy). You can also join her newsletter to receive release updates, free stories, and bonus extras (eepurl.com/YItp1).
Facts About the Author:
1. Marketing! I wrote Sparks in a few weeks and spent months revising, but when I wrote it, I never thought I would put it on the market. It was just something fun to do and I enjoyed it. Only when it was finished and my husband read it did we discuss self-publishing. By then, the book was already finished but I had a mountain to learn about marketing. Now, it's one of my favorite parts of this business!
2. My dad always said, "It takes all types to make the world go round." I grew up in Austin, Texas, a mecca of the strange and weird, and my parents definitely embraced that. Whatever interest I had at the time, it was always encouraged. I could have piercings and colored hair and eclectic outfits and, as long as I kept my grades up and didn't get in trouble, it was supported. They always encouraged me in whatever I was doing and encouraged me to be supportive of others as well. It was an early bit of advice that has served me well.
Connect with the Author:
~ GOODREADS ~ NEWSLETTER SIGN UP ~
Top 10 Favorite Things:
1. My family (duh)
2. My readers (they're the coolest!)
3. Vodka (Yummmm)
4. Dark Chocolate (Helloooo, I'm a girl...)
5. Books! (Fantasy, sci-fi, and romance)
6. Traveling (I love Germany!)
7. Manta rays (and sea creatures in general)
8. Gluten-free cooking (I've been GF for two years now!)
9. MTV Reality shows (Believe me, I know...)
10. Sushi (Fishies are way tastier raw)
Check out all the great blogs that are a part of this event by following along on the Facebook page.
Post a Comment